Updated: Feb 19, 2020
Before making an appointment with your certifying provider you must register as a patient with Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) and complete the application process.
Who is eligible?
Any Maryland resident with a qualifying medical condition is eligible to register with MMCC as a patient. Qualifying conditions include, but are not limited to, the following: cachexia, anorexia, wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, severe or persistent muscle spasms,glaucoma,post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or another chronic medical condition which is severe and for which other treatments have been ineffective such as PMS, menstrual cramps, menopausal symptoms, GI disorders...
How Do I Register?
What you will need:
1. A valid, accessible email account.
2. The last four digits of your Social Security Number
3. An electronic copy of a valid government-issued photo ID
4. Proof of Maryland residency.
(All documents must be dated within the past 90 days)
Accepted forms of identification:
• Driver’s license
• State issued photo Identification card
• Military ID (both front and back)
• US Passport
If the identification you provide is not a Maryland driver’s license or MVA ID Card OR does not identify your current address, you must also provide two of the following documents as proof of your current Maryland address:
• MVA registration card or title
• Utility, telephone or cable/satellite TV bill
• Bank account statement
• Property tax bill
• Mortgage statement or proof of home ownership (Deed, Title, Bill of Sale)
• Major credit card bill (Visa, MasterCard, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.)
• Residential rental contract (lease or rental contract between landlord and tenant which includes all signatures).
• Selective Service Card
• Federal, state or local government mail (ie. Social Security, social services)
• Car insurance policy
All documents must be dated within the past 90 days.
The MMCC also requires an electronic copy of a clear, recent photo. You can easily download a passport photo app for free for this.
1. Complete and submit an online application.
Visit the MMCC Registry website and click Create Account under the Patients heading.
2. Verify your email address.
As soon as you have completed and submitted an online application form, a verification email will be sent to the email address you provided on your application. You must click the verification link in the email message to verify your email account. Without performing this step, your application is not complete and will not be reviewed by the Commission.
Completed applications will be reviewed by MMCC and you will receive a follow up email advising whether or not your application has been approved. Please retain the approval email for your records. It contains your Username, which you will need to log in to the Patient Registry, as well as your MMCC Patient ID Number, which your physician will need to issue your written certification for medical cannabis. Once you have a written certification, you will also need to provide your Patient ID Number when visiting a licensed dispensary to purchase medical cannabis.
After receiving MMCC approval, you are ready to visit us at The Green Midwife to obtain a valid certification. Once fully registered and in possession of a valid certification, you will be able to print your temporary MMCC patient ID card which is be required to purchase medical cannabis from a licensed Maryland dispensary.
Please be sure to have your MMCC Patient ID Number with you when you visit us and the dispensary.
Click here to start the application process!